Anisata and corn soup
- 4 Corn on the Cob
- 2 Golden Shallots
- 2 Roasted Garlic cloves
- 500ml Milk
- 125ml Pure cream
- 5 Anisata leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- 8 Basil leaves
- 50ml Olive oil
- 4Tbsp crème friache
1. Cut kernals from your corn cob and place into a pot with your sliced shallots and a dash of olive oil. Place on a medium heat and cook until your shallots are translucent.
2. Add your milk and corn cobs, anisata and garlic into your pot and slowly simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Remove your cobs and anisata leaves and discard.
4. Blend your ingredients and slowly add your cream.
5. Strain (if desired) and season to taste
For the Basil Oil:
1. Blanch basil leaves in boiling water for 30 seconds then refresh in cold water.
2. Crush basil leaves with a mortar and pestle with a small portion of your olive oil until smooth.
3. Mix in your remaining oil.
Serve soup with a dash of basil oil and a spoon of crème friache.