Anisata Strawberry brioche pan perdu served with Hennesey grilled figs
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
1 hour, 50 min
- 2150g Bakers flour (sifted)
- 3g Salt
- 25g Icing Sugar
- 8g Yeast
- 30ml Milk
- 1 Egg
- 90g Butter
- 1 Egg yolk
- 12 Figs
- 60ml Henessey VSOP
- 100ml Water
- 50g Sugar
Anisata Strawberry Jam
- 4Tbsp Strawberry Jam
- 50ml Water
- 8 Anisata leaves
- 2 Eggs
- 100ml Milk
- 25g Castor Sugar
- 25g Butter (or use spray oil)
Anisata strawberry brioche pain perdu served with Hennesy grilled figsBrioche
1. Combine flour, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl.
2. Separately, dissolve yeast in milk .
3. Add yeast and egg to flour and mix in a mixing bowl using a dough hook gradually until smooth
4. Add butter slowly and Finish with your egg yolk
5. Cover bowl with cling wrap and prove in a warm place until mixture doubles in size. (warning – if area is too hot your batter will split)
6. Roll mixture into 3 even balls and place into a 25cm bread tin and allow to prove once more.
7. Coat lightly with egg wash and bake in a pre heated oven at 190° for 35mins.
1. Place figs into a bowl, add brandy and allow to soak for about 15 mins, tossing around occasionally
2. Meanwhile combine water and sugar, bring to the simmer for 2 mins
3. cool and Pour sugar syrup over figs and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour
Strawberry Anisata Jam
1 Combine all ingredients into a small saucepan and simmer for 5 mins
2. Do not let reduce to much or jam will burn.
2. Let sit for 1 hour for flavour to steep then remove leaves
1. Whisk egg, milk and sugar until even.
2. Melt your butter in a pan on medium heat.
3. Dip your brioche into the egg wash and place in pan. lightly brown each side.
4. Grill your soaked figs on a bbq plate for 20 seconds on either side on a med-high heat.
5. Brush your cooked brioche with your jam mixture.
4. Place 2 slices of brioche and 3 fig halves per plate and garnish with edible flowers and strawberries (Violas Native raspberries pictured) then drizzle some of the remaining fig syrup.
To plate, Cut into 8 – 12 pieces (this will be a rich dessert) and serve with a scoop of roasted pumpkin ice cream, glace ginger and edible flowers.