Dark chocolate & macadamia Torte
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
2 hour, 25 min
- 250g Plain Flour
- 110g Butter
- 110g Pure icing sugar
- 1 Egg
- 50g Rice
- 375g Dark Chocolate
- 50g Macadamia nut pieces
- 175g Caster Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 175ml Cream
- 15ml Walnut oil (or vegetable oil)
1. In a food processor combine the flour, butter and icing sugar until crumbly and even. Add your egg and combine for 30 seconds.
2. Remove from food processor and kneed with the heel of your hand for 2 minutes.
3. Wrap pastry in cling film and place in the refrigerator for 30 mins to rest. (this helps to stop shrinkage)
4. Remove your pastry and roll out to fit a flan tin approx 23cm
5. Place pastry in a pre greased tin and place a sheet of baking paper over your pastry. Cover paper with rice. (this is called blind baking and will stop you pastry rising).
6. Cook in a pre heated oven at 200° for 10 minutes
7. Remove rice and paper then cook for a further 5-10 minutes or until golden brown, depending on the thickness of pastry.
1. Melt chocolate & toast your macadamia nuts.
2. In a mixer combine your eggs and sugar until they create a sabayon (texture becomes slightly fluffy and light in colour)
3. Fold chocolate and egg mix together. Once nearly mixed add cream, macadamias and oil then continue until evenly mixed.
4. Pour mixture into your pastry case and bake in a pre heated 90° oven for 90 minutes.
5. Allow to cool on the bench to help stop cracking and then refrigerate overnight.
To plate, cut into 8 – 12 pieces (this will be a rich dessert) and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or double cream and edible flowers.