Seared Emu Fillet with parsnip cream, braised silverbeet and roasted baby beetroot
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
4 hour, 20 min
- 2 Bunches Baby Beetroot
- 1Tbsp Rock Salt
- 1 Medium Parsnip
- 2/3 Cup Milk (to cover)
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 Stalks Rainbow Silverbeet
- 1/2 Lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 Goldern Shallot (Sliced)
- dash White wine
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 6 x 180g Emu Fan Fillet
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
1. Trim base root and most of the stalks away.
2. Place salt into a baking tray and place beetroot on top then cover with foil.
3. Place in an oven at 200° for 2 hours.
4. Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 mins to cool before rubbing skin away with paper towel to reveal a nice shiny even flesh,
1. Peel and dice parsnip
2. Add milk and bring to simmer and continue until parsnip is soft.
3. Blend and strain your ingredients tasting as you go.
1. Separate stalks and leaves of silverbeet and cut into 1cm strips keeping both separate.
2. Warm olive oil and sweat shallots.
3. On a medium high heat add stalks, wine and lemon juice. Simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Add leaves and simmer for a further 1 minute and season
1. Season emu portions with salt and pepper.
2. Heat your pan to a high heat and add olive oil followed by emu fillet. (do not overload your pan or it will loose heat and boil your meat instead of searing.
3. Cook for 45 seconds to get a good sear then flip and repeat.
4. Remove your emu and rest on a rack for 5 – 10 minutes.
5. Finish your emu on a tray in the oven at 200° for 8 – 10 minutes depending on size of fillet.
4. Remove emu and rest for a further 5 minutes to let meat relax to help with the tenderness.